A 2 day course (I prefer to add extra time for you to have behind the wheel so, 8.30-17.30hrs) with no prior experience needed. The course will suit those new to boating, thinking of buying their own boat or needing to hold the ICC (International Certificate of Competence) as undertaking the PB2 allows you to apply for it.
A maximum ratio of 3 students to 1 instructor and a min. age of 14 yrs with a parent/guardian. The price of £250 per person (for a boat of 3 students) includes use of waterproofs and life jacket and the RYA Start Powerboating book.
The following are covered:
- Boat Handling including in confined spaces.
- Approaching and securing to a buoy
- Leaving and coming alongside
- Handling a boat at planing speed
- Man overboard
- Launching & recovery
- Navigation to include charts, tides, buoyage
- Undertaking a passage
- The ‘Collision regulations’