Friends of Wild Guernsey is a group of like-minded people who have joined as members to be part of our land project.
Any profit made with WildGuernsey will be re-invested into the project. Money raised from ‘Friends of WildGuernsey’ will go towards: energy from the sun for showers for our WildCamping and those using the land on WildFood workshops or Outdoor learning sessions with Education, projects such as the edible pond, invested into the land with seaweed or into the greenhouses for maintenance.
- Land gatherings: an invitation to maybe a solstice fire, Imbolc for preparing to grow for Spring or Equinox in autumn for blackberries and apples. Ceremony on the land has always been a celebration after hard work on the land and to share the harvests.
- Offers: reduced prices on late notice spaces for WildCamping and Wildfood workshops.
- Fairshare: get to know about surplus produce for trade, at a reduced price or going free. It may be lipbalms, limpets or lettuce! This can be open to others too, via email and facebook, who have something in excess to trade/sell and of benefit to others.(more information on Fairshare: http://permacultureprinciples.com/ethics_share.php )
- ‘WorkBee’ days: a name given by someone who came on the Permaculture course at Pouquelaie Vinery, to explain people getting together to share the work and lessen the load. You’ll be invited to gather for shared work (maybe sloe picking, seaweed spreading or weeding) with a ‘pot luck lunch’ (all bring a dish and see what we get).
- Volunteer yourself: a pick’n’mix approach will be adopted for whatever work is needed on the day e.g. feeding animals, preserving produce or helping with the WildCamping.
- Vouchers: 10% off your first 4 veggie boxes from Guernsey Organics, 10% off mondomundi, 10% off your first Yoga session with BeInspired, 10% off a Seaweed foot bath or roll top bath soak when you stay WildCamping.
If you are interested in joining ‘Friends of WildGuernsey’ then please email us ‘wildguernsey(at)yahoo.co.uk‘